A California Rain Moment

It's raining!

While that may not seem like earth-shattering news, the thing is that it hasn't rained - REALLY rained - in months. For the past 2 days, when I hear the rain reach a fever pitch, I'll just go stand on my front patio and take it all in. Who needs Netflix? For me, this is the best series ever. 

And with rain, it's only fitting that I want a cup of tea. More than just my usual morning cup of bold black, I want something comforting and cozy. 

TeaVivre sent me some beautiful oolongs, and this is just the moment to break them out. I decided on the Superfine Qing Xiang Dong Ding Oolong. This particular oolong comes from the mountains of Taiwan and is a high altitude tea. High altitude teas tend to be richer and smoother than low altitude teas. One thing I appreciate about Teavivre is their instructions on how to brew whatever tea you're drinking. On their website, you'll typically find instructions for brewing the tea in the "Western Way" or the "Gongfu Way." I brewed mine in the Western way and enjoyed the first sip - the floral fragrance and light earthy flavor is truly cozy. Just what I wanted. 



I took my cup of tea outside and enjoyed drinking in the warmth while the cool raindrops continued to fall softly. There's a beautiful calm and quiet during a rainfall. I soaked it all in.

 

Comments