A Virtual Tea Party Moment


I don't know when exactly it happened, but somewhere along the line it seems that if I want to try and get together with friends, we end up scheduling weeks or months in advance - especially if the friends have children too.  With school and sports and jobs and doctor appointments and birthday parties, it can feel like every waking moment is scheduled.

I'd rather be busy than bored, but I'd also prefer to catch up with old friends and have the opportunity to make new ones. While I'd love to have friends over for tea, I've had to make peace with the fact that it's just not going to happen any time soon.

Unless... I do it here.

So, sit down with me, old friends and new. Grab your favorite tea cup. Steep your favorite tea.


World Tea House is the first to arrive with their fun travel mug. Perfect for a stroll on the beach, I see.


And Rachel, of i Heart Teas with these beautiful cups that soothe my mind just looking at them.

 
 
Here comes Cynthia with a glass tea cup from her parents' set, c. 1970's.
 
 
And Jo, of A Gift of Tea, brings with her this cup of simple elegance.
Seattle Coffee Gear joins the gathering with their own clear glass tea cup,
 
 
while Robert Godden, a.k.a. The Devotea, shares his beautifully ornate glass cup,
 



and Geoffrey, a.k.a. The Lazy Literatus, brings his own version of the clear glass tea cup, which is his trusty AquaOvo travel mug.


Nicole, of Tea For Me Please, brings her cheery polka dot cup (which she would be wise to hold tightly, as I might "accidentally" abscond with it),


and Heidi, of Tozy Tea, sets out her beautifully swirled tea cup that reminds me of Russian porcelain but with a modern twist. 

It's so fun to bring friends together and learn just a little more about them, about their preferences and about how they take their tea.


I knew it would be tough for my friend of The Dorothy Days to choose which tea cup to bring to the party, but I was not disappointed by this delicately beautiful choice.


And I found Beth's choice, of Teas Etc. fame, so fun and whimsical.


And finally, I was delighted that Aimee, of MySteepedTea.com, joined the party with her own fun tea mug.

As I enjoy this moment, learning the story behind each treasured tea cup, I feel connected again. I may not have time to stop and smell the roses today, but I created time to stop and sip. With you.

Cheers!


Comments