A Moment In My Head


Every once in a while, I'm able to steal away into my office 10 or 15 minutes before the "official" start of my day. Today is one of those mornings. For just a few minutes, I can try and clear all of the mental clutter from my mind and be ready for the day as it comes.

The clutter is like anyone else's, I suppose. Bills to pay, the start of the school year, what to pack for the business trip, how to address the new 'tude we're seeing from this one, not the other one, how to gently extricate myself from a long-term professional commitment, how to participate in another one without selling my soul to them, upcoming birthdays, new babies to celebrate, a new book club, a getaway... 
Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.          -Victor Hugo
And so the day begins.

Comments