A Liberator Moment

A short week is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because we have the anticipation of visiting relatives we haven't seen for months and months. A curse because the volume of work and life must still be packed into 2 less days. Today, I have the luxury of a blank calendar. Only one brief meeting (with my team to share some exciting new data that will help our department do some great things in the 2nd half of the year), and then wide, open space.

As anyone who has watched an episode of Project Runway (@Teas_Etc know what I'm talking about) or Top Chef has learned, being granted carte blanche can either be overwhelming or liberating. I choose liberating. Or more specifically, Liberator.



I have an extensive to-do list and a mere 8 hours in which to achieve it. And as shocking as this may be to many of you, sometimes coffee sounds like it might just be the ticket. But the problem is, I don't care for coffee. Never have. In college, I had a single serving coffee maker that I used to heat water for tea or Cup O' Noodles (+Robert Godden, don't ask. You'd be horrified). I love the smell, I just don't dig the taste.

Enter Java Tea Co. Here are some brilliant minds who "get" my dilemma. And they take the solution to the next level. By making coffee-inspired teas and hand-crafting them to tantalize each of my senses, they've solved my problem. This morning, I have brewed the Liberator. While I expected a base of black tea, this blend is rooted in rooibos and green tea and chunks of real, organic dark chocolate and cocoa. One sniff of the blend, and you'd swear it is freshly ground coffee, which I'm guessing is achieved by the inclusion of chicory root. And for an additional feast for the eyes, the blend includes bright blue cornflowers. The scent, the beautiful array of colors, the texture of the blend. Now it's time to taste.


Note, because my brain is craving coffee, I had to dress it as I would dress coffee. I dash of milk, a lump of sugar. That first sip, always my favorite. A surprisingly mellow mocha flavor, not as intense or as bold as coffee, but smooth, satisfying. I'm instantly thinking of my dad and how he's trying to cut back on coffee and drink more tea. More green tea, in particular. This may be just the ticket.

I'm ready for my day. I feel fortified by this innovative collision of worlds. Watch out, to-do list. I'm coming after you.

Comments