A Moment in 1910

Life is in one of those modes where I feel like I'm in a blender, and someone keeps hitting the "Pulse" button randomly. I have 6 different pieces of technology sitting in front of me that allow me to communicate with anyone and everyone in the outside world. The Southern California heat has suddenly dropped from 98 degrees to a cool 72, which actually feels chilly. My baby is getting over her first cold and her older sister is showing signs of having caught it. And let's not talk about work. Not today.

Let's talk about 1910. A simpler time, I'm sure. Thomas Edison introduced the first talking motion picture. A Hersey bar cost 5 cents. Father's Day was celebrated for the first time.Unelmployment was at 5.9%, but then the average annual household income was $750.  (That's per year. Annual). "Let Me Call You Sweetheart," was the hit song, and Theodore Roosevelt was the first president to ride in an airplane.

I need even simpler. And this cup of 1910: English Breakfast Tea from The Devotea will do the trick. Timeless, elegant, simple and robust. Let's just sit here. Together. In peace.

Comments